Nov 2, 2012

Bedroom Makeover


I recently decorated my little cousin’s bedroom, to make it more suitable for a 14 year old.  I wasn’t going for a complete makeover, just trying to make better use of space, more functional and a little cuter.  Unfortunately, I don’t have before pictures (bad blogger, I know), but there wasn’t much going on, just a really big, make shift desk/tv table and a bed. 
Here is sort of a before, after I cleared out the tv table and some other stuff laying around.
 
And here is how it turned out.
 
 
There wasn't much furniture before and the lay out was awkward. I'm not a fan of beds against the wall, and in this case, there was a better alternative. I moved the head of the bed to the wall adjacent to the window (where the side of the bed was against on the before shot). I swapped the make shift desk for an actual, inexpensive, Walmart version of the West Elm’s parson desk, a cute chair, lamp and a side table. The last step was the “art” above the bed, to give the feel of a headboard.  The art is actually wrapping paper in a frame, and it might not stay permanently, but for now it gives the room a finished look. 
What do you think?  I think it’s peaceful and quiet.  Probably the complete opposite of a 14 year old girl.
Happy Friday!

No comments: