Mar 17, 2011

Mantelscape.

Since we moved into our house a few years ago I have struggled with how to accesorize our fireplace.  I have seen beautifully accessorized fireplaces on magazines and online but found it difficult to translate the ideas into our space.  I imagine this is mostly because of the height of our two story living room walls.  They create a nice, open room, full of light, but are hard to style.  Anyway, after struggling for so long I finally reached an arrangement I like. 

Befores

After

The large mirror helps create some definition for the space.  I added the three red cups for a punch of color to our mostly beige/black living room.  The fireplace itself has changed quite a bit.  We had a tile surrounding and when we removed the original carpet (and installed tile) we replaced the surrounding for this stone look.  I like it, but I am not sure I love it as much as I though I would.  Anyway, it'll stay, at least for now.
So, how do you mantelscape? Do you change the decor of your fireplace according to the season? 

Happy Thursday!

Brenda

No comments: