Jul 13, 2011

Travel Gallery Wall: Revisited

A while ago I posted about my travel gallery wall.  The wall has changed since then, to accommodate a few pieces acquired in our recent trip.  As I mentioned in the original post, during our travels, instead of buying little knick knacks, we buy a piece of original, local art.  It creates a really eclectic wall and is a constant reminder of the places we have been. 

Before


During

After

But once it was done, I didn't really like how cluttered it looked.  The only issue with this tradition of ours is that we are running out of space on our gallery wall.  We could continue it on another wall, but we are not sure we want to.  Anyway, after living with it for a few days, I really knew I didn't like it, so I rearranged it again.  I removed two of the larger items and moved them into our guest rooms.

Now



What do you think?  Which after do you prefer? I had to take everything down and rearrange it on the floor, twice.  I tried keeping the spacing equal, but it was challenging considering they are all different sizes and shapes.  Do you have more than one gallery wall at home?  How did you keep them from looking too busy?

Happy Wednesday!!!


Brenda

1 comment:

Desiree said...

I think it looks good both ways! I love gallery walls and I really want to do one. It's on my list. Check out my blog when you get a chance. I gave you the "Lovely Blog Award". Congrats!